Naming of Howe House

The Melvoin Building that now houses the Middle School replaced the Howe Building, which opened in the fall of 1957 but after a half century of service proved of a design and construction type that no longer permitted rehabilitation in a manner consistent with the...

Histories of Belmont Hill School

The School’s 50th anniversary witnessed publication of Roger Duncan’s The Story of Belmont Hill School, 1923-1973, cited in a prior post. On the 75th anniversary Harold Prenatt’s Belmont Hill School 1923-1998 appeared, contributing a significant photographic component to the story.

Memorial Edition of The Sextant

In the spring following Dr. Howe’s death, The Sextant published a memorial edition. A leather bound edition  signed by the boys in every class, the faculty and the trustees, plus some graduates, was then presented to Mrs. Howe.